05 October 2010

Goodwill Find -- Hello Hammered Silver Cake Stand!


Look what I found at Goodwill yesterday! It's gorgeous, silver, hammered, BIG and so beautiful.


This is the beautiful top, just waiting for a lovely, beautiful, celebratory cake.


And all for just $9.99. Now rest assured this is not some "veiled" (excuse the pun) announcement of any sort. If I was going to make such an announcement I would just say it. But I am sticking this in the closet for future use. I never do stuff like that but in this case, how could I walk away. I mean seriously! I would've regretted this time and time again.

And as you may know that is my yardstick by which I gauge purchases when thrifting. Will I regret it in an hour, tonight, tomorrow, a week from now, a year from now? I'm currently regretting a great Fossil leather shoulder bag I saw in Albuquerque last trip.

I knew I would regret this, especially if I was ever in a situation where I needed a cake stand for a big, fancy cake. I had to do it. She's ever so slightly too fancy for me, but she spoke to me and I had to answer back with a big "Oh, Hello!"

3 comments:

knack said...

great find, and way to listen to your gut!

xo

Karen Liu said...

Beautiful find! I had to laugh at your current regret because I'm like that, too. So I've started to gauge my "walk aways" with the question, "Am I going to regret this and expend energy obsessing about it for a long time?" I don't usually give in to impulse purchases. But I've allowed myself to make purchases based on the "don't regret it forever" clause.

Valentina Fussell said...

This is so pretty! I would have bought it too! I bet you could even repurpose it and use it now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...