11 May 2011

Before You Pay Think Free


I was trying to find a place to pass on some old magazines that are still in great condition and full of still useful information and inspiration. I decided to check out Craigslist FREE section. I think I have visited that area once before only to post free moving boxes after my last move.

This time, rather than a quick posting I started looking around and I realize as a diehard DIY fixer-upper gal I have made a big mistake not perusing the possibilities here. Folks are giving away office chairs, desks, dressers, firewood, unused home improvement supplies, greeting cards from a closed retail store, sofas, chairs, pet carriers, even free bees if you come get them out of someone's house.

Here are more interesting things as I continue to find them: palm trees, a large bottle of Windex, ProActiv facial cleanser kit, bricks, concrete filler material, sod, dirt, cute kid's playhouse, kids furniture, carpeting, water plants for a pond, piano, fish tanks, patio tables, dining sets, vintage side tables and on it goes.

If you have a home you are fixing up this might just be a gold mine. The one drawback is that it seems that people who give stuff away are not as diligent as sellers about posting photos so that will require a little more work on your end. But if can fix up your yard, get your kids a darling playhouse or find fix up furniture for free rather than paying retail or even escalating thrift store prices, it could definitely be worth a few extra minutes of your time.

This opens us a whole new realm of possible ways to save a lot of money. Saving money is making money every time you shop smart. There are so many ways to cut back on costs and live well on less. Giving stuff away also keeps it from being dumped on the side of the road or sent to landfills. I am definitely going to be checking out Craigslist free section first when looking for new DIY projects. You might find a treasure or two for your home or family needs too.

1 comment:

Little City Farm said...

I didn't even realize there WAS a free section. Guess what I'll be doing this afternoon, lol. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...