01 August 2011

Handmade Gift Exchange - What I Sent


Here's a little peek at the package I sent to a new friend in New Zealand as part of the Handmade Gift Exchange, organized by Linda Gardner of CraftaholicsAnonymous. This is the second gift exchange I've participated in this year and I have had a great experience both times.

You can learn all about my first gift exchange here and see what I received from Australia here. After a great first experience I was excited to try again. I decided to be open to international exchanges, even though it can cost a good deal more and take a lot longer to get things back and forth because it sounded more adventurous.


Here's a little about the package I sent. I made this lovely piece of jewelry that I shared with you a few weeks ago, it's in the blue paper wrapping in the top photo. I also included a Los Angeles magazine for some local flavor and in the yellow wrapped package I included a little bag I had made. It is a great experience to put something together with some thought and care for someone you've never met, knowing that it will make their day to get something other than bills in the mail. The mystery and excitement of unwrapping little surprises is just one of the best feelings in life, isn't it?

Tomorrow I will share with you all the fun things I received from Michell, my trade partner. She really hit the nail on the head and sent me exactly what I needed for this summer. Love that she made it by hand and sent it so far away. If you get a chance to participate in a gift exchange I highly recommend it. It's a fun way to put the joy back in visiting your mailbox.

Hope you are having a good Monday. I can't tell you how lovely it is to be back here with you. I've missed you and look forward to rekindling our daily interactions. XOXO, k.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...