20 September 2011

Saving Big on Wedding Sandals

image via SandalWorld

Happy Tuesday. I didn't want to do another wedding-ish post today, but I had this already ready to go and didn't get a chance to put together another post for today. So forgive me for too much wedding talk. I'm not talking about it that much in my every day life, lots of every day things keeping me busy. But really this DIY is doable for anyone who wants a fun, unique pair of shoes for a special event.

You may remember these lovely sandals I found a few weeks ago. Unfortunately when I went to buy them, I realized the site I was looking at was asking about $50 more for them than I could find them at another sites and that they are not leather, which you can see if you look up close at those flowers. Big bummer. The straw that broke the camel's back was that I could not find them in my size anywhere.

So I started looking around and realized that you can DIY sandals like this too. Here's what I would do. Buy these sandals on clearance from Aldo for just $29. They aren't leather but having seen them in person they seem much better quality than the sandals above.

image via Aldo

Then pop over to your favorite trimming store and buy a few leather or fabric flowers. You can even make your own DIY leather flowers or fabric flowers with directions from the Martha Stewart website. Here's a fantastic collection of 10 DIY flower projects colected by Skip To My Lou. You could even buy a few high quality silk roses in the silk florals department at your local craft store. Then attach those pretty flowers across the sides of your new sandals and you are ready to walk down the aisle.

image via Joann Fabric

So you can easily make your own fabulous wedding or special event sandals with just a little cash and DIY rather than spend big bucks on sandals that don't look that great to begin with. Just another way to shave a few dollars off that wedding budget.

Have a fantastic day! Sending you happy good wishes, wherever you may be.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...