17 November 2011

Thankful November Day 17

image via

This week I have been very grateful to be part of a religious community. Being part of this community blesses my life in amazing ways. I find there is just no group of people who will come to your aid in an pinch the way brothers and sisters of a religious community to. There is an inherent duty and desire to stand up and watch out for each other. I love that and have truly been blessed to tears many times to see this in action, especially for those I love.

Being part of a religious community also provides me opportunities to serve and love my brothers and sisters within the community and beyond. Last night I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup for a family of friends where the father has been having serious health issues. It's nice to feel useful and to care for others. I truly believe opportunities to serve bring us blessings beyond what we even know.

If you're not part of a religious community, let me plant this little seed in your heart that it might be a blessing to you. It definitely is to me and my family and everyone in my religious community.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...