06 November 2011

Thankful November Day 6



Today I am thankful for the opportunity to be out and about and see this beautiful world of ours. I have had the chance to travel many places and yet I have many, many more that I would like to see. Just last night The Man and I were talking about how great it would be to take a cruise down the Nile. We'll add that to the list! I want very much to return to Tahiti sometime soon. Also on my dream list are The Seychelles, Iceland, Alaska, Tonga, Morocco and I could go on and on. Earlier this week I started making a list of places close to home, cities in the U.S. where it would be easy to take a weekend adventuring trip. That sounds like great fun too. There are so many interesting and dynamic cities in the U.S. to explore.

But without sounding like "I want, I want, I want" about traveling, this post is really about saying ''Thank, thanks, thanks" for all the amazing places I've been able to see and that the opportunity is wide open to see more. You often hear the phrase you can't take your riches with you to heaven, but I came to the conclusion when I was in my 20s that you can take all your travel experiences with you - so a good way to spend your treasures, rather than on stuff that just accumulates and has to be tended to.

Today I say thank you for this beautiful world in all its diversity of sights, sounds and peoples.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...