26 December 2011

Inspiration For A New Year

image via

Hope you had a lovely Christmas. It was a beautiful day here in Southern California. Couldn't have asked for better weather. It's amazing how many lovely, enjoyable things you can do in a whole day when you have the time.

And now there is a new year just over the bend. I have to say I'm a little relieved to have Christmas behind us and be able to look ahead this week. I love thinking about a new year. This year already promises to be an unusual one for me and mine. I already know there will be some BIG changes and adjustments - some we've happily chosen and some that come as a part of commitments, career, etc. Our challenge will be our efforts to work with these realities to make it a fantastic year.

I am also looking forward to a fresh start for my own personal goals and development. I have found myself looking at my bookshelf a lot the past few days, the shelf where I keep inspiring guidebooks for life with titles like As A Man Thinketh, Simplify Your Life, The 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women, Detox For Life, Work in Progress.

I want to sit down and read every one of them this week. How's that for setting myself up to start the year with failure -- haa, haa. But no I will not put that kind of pressure on myself. I will keep it simple. I'm thinking about my goals for a happy life and perhaps a new 2012 vision board. I am happy to look at my old 2011 vision board and see that quite a good bit was either successfully achieved or moved a good bit farther along in my life. Then there is one section that is glaringly lacking. I'm working on that side now. Out the door in minutes.

Are you thinking about 2012 now? What tools do you use to structure your thoughts and goals for the new year? What authors are your guides? I love the ideas you share and all you teach me. Hope it's a great day for you with time to sit and relax! The day after Christmas is definitely a day for relaxing. Enjoy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...