23 January 2012

Hayes Valley Shops - Minimal

Popping into the shop Minimal on Hayes Street in San Francisco's Hayes Valley neighborhood was like entering a door into Copenhagen. It had all the goodness of a downtown shopping district in Scandinavia. The scarves, hats and blankets featured on the shelves above were the most amazingly soft material I have ever imagined wrapping around my little face! I fell in love.

I love that the scarves came in two sizes so you had options for a wider, longer scarf or a slimmer option. I didn't get one because I didn't find a color that really worked for me. I don't want you to think I buy everything I see that I fall in love with because that certainly isn't the case. But I would definitely recommend them.  


At Minimal I also found beautiful, modern Scandinavian candle holders and glassware. Makes me miss Denmark and Danish homes. Glassware, porcelain and candle holders are just some of what Scandinavian designers are so very good at.


I adore the little wood houses, glassware and textile goods. Simple and gorgeous in their simplicity. My visit to Minimal and a photo of my bedroom from a few years ago has me thinking a lot about simplicity and I'm itching a bit to simplify my surroundings.


There were so many very stylish products lining the shelves of Minimal that I walked around the store three times and each time kept finding new things to admire. It is a great shop for buying a unique gift that will be remembered and treasured, not to mention a fine place to do some shopping for yourself. I will definitely return on my next visit to San Francisco.


Hayes Valley is filled with wonderful shops and a great place to grab a great meal and enjoy an afternoon or shopping. We ate at Stacks which had a great varied menu and everything I saw on every plate in the packed dining area looked good! They close at 2:30 p.m. so go early.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm dying to go there now! Adding it to my list...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...