11 April 2012

It Must Be Friend Week

image via

I have a dear friend who I have reconnected with this past year. It had been many, many years since we had talked or had any contact. We have shared a couple of letters and emails and have been trying to get on the phone with each other since last summer. With time changes and family schedules we have been two phone ships that keep passing in the night.

This week has not been the best. I have never had allergy problems in California, but for some reason for the past three days I have been suffering more than I ever have anywhere. Sore throat, watery eyes, sneezing, coughing, headache. Oh it's been miserable. Yesterday I really felt like I had no will to live. I say that with a smile, but really having been so miserable for so many days and not sleeping well, I was definitely not in superhero form.

So connecting with my lovely friend yesterday by phone really made my day. It was lovely to catch up, share what we've learned and how we've grown in life. It was so encouraging to talk with her because she's totally living in reality and thriving. She's suffered loss, she's experienced joy, she's lived through frustrations and challenges - and she is thriving. Such an inspiration.

I feel that it was meant to be that we reconnected in this moment in my life. I'm thinking this week how very interesting it is to see prayers answered and worries calmed by friends in every day kinds of conversations. I have no doubt that there is a higher power bringing these people to my life and each of our lives. I am so grateful for that. I hope, that without knowing it, I am somehow in a position to be a light to others like my dear friends are so regularly to me.

I hope you are having a happy week and are surrounded by good people wherever you might be.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...