13 November 2012

Thankful November 2012: Day 13

image via

Gratitude is all about the most simple of things some days. Today I am grateful for clean laundry and being able to use a regular old washer and dryer rather than our apartment building coin-operated machines.

Most people who are reading this probably don't live in the coin-op laundry world and can't imagine it. Life in a large city presents many extravagances and some downfalls. Being stuck using machines that have no special settings and don't ever seem to get the laundry very clean can be pretty frustrating.

Last weekend we visited family and I took the overflowing laundry basket along in the car. I felt grateful I could use our down time to catch up on the small mountain of wash that has accumulated the past couple of weeks. It was so nice to be able to do the laundry at my leisure, without a pile of quarters and in machines I had the ability to set to a variety of settings. It was a relief not to feel like I needed to set a timer to keep my laundry going so that other tenants weren't waiting and angry or starting to do laundry when I still had more loads to do.

I can't tell you what a pleasure it was to do the laundry in such ease. So nice. I'm extra grateful this week for a basket of clean clothes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...