14 November 2012

Thankful November 2012: Day 14

image via

I had to do something this week that usually makes me totally sick to my stomach with stress. I have done this task many times over some years now and I've always felt sick to my stomach, my heart races and my entire muscular system ties up in knots. This is all for good reason actually because dealing with this situation has been the most stressful of my life and there have been many times when things went very badly.

So I couldn't be more grateful this week to realize that I went through this same process once again and even though situations looked difficult, I didn't get all knotted up. I just told myself that it would all work out fine, so rather than anticipating everything that could go wrong, I just kept reminding myself that all would be well. I noticed that my stomach and muscles didn't knot up, I didn't feel tense. I just felt calm and confident that I could handle it. And I did and boy was I thankful for that. It's great to look back and think, "Hey, I've gotten stronger! I've learned to overcome something that was really hard for me.That means I can overcome other challenges." That is one great realization filled with gratitude!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...