20 November 2012

Thankful November 2012: Day 20





As women we spend much of our time caring for others. It's easy to get tired, frustrated, worn out and want to ask "Who's taking care of us?" After looking at current circumstances I had a moment of thinking that very question with a little frustration, feeling bled a little dry. So I sat and thought about it for a minute. Who was taking care of me?

The Bug is praying for me every day and loving me in every way, The Man prays for me and is ever watchful to protect and take care of us in big and small ways, My parents watch out for me and are so kind, loving, giving and fun to be around. My aunts watch out for me and are so lovely. My sisters would fight off wild dogs for me. My friends care about me, check in and provide peace, fun, and laughs. I am well taken care of. And yet the person most responsible to take care of me is ME! Am I watching out for myself?

I am the only person who knows what is right for me. I don't always know what I need but I probably know some of the time. Sometimes other people can more clearly see it. I am the only person who can totally protect myself when needed because I know my borders. It's my job to keep myself in a good place, healthy, safe and well.

Today I am so grateful for everyone who watches out for me and that I am getting better at taking care of myself in the ways only I can. So glad to see myself getting a little smarter and better at that.

Now let's talk for a minute about how totally cute these gloves are! Charming. They are from Instanbul, Turkey, from the Etsy shop Yastikizi.  You can buy them on Etsy and have them shipped right to you. a fun gift for friends or addition to your own holiday wardrobe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...