01 January 2013

Happy New Year 2013

image via

It's New Years Day. A day that can bring many mixed emotions as we review the past year and look with excitement and maybe a little nervousness toward the year to come. I have seen friends post on Facebook comments glad to see 2012 go and excited for the things they know are coming. On Sunday in church a fellow congregant gave a beautiful talk about goal-setting for the new year. Her wisdom was inspiring as she spoke about priorities, simplicity and the things that are truly important in life.

This New Years Day I am thinking about focusing on some family goals this year and most importantly to do a better job at self care. That for me this year means focusing on doing things that will keep me sane, relaxed, happy and excited about life. On a daily basis, those thoughts speak to me in directions of keeping a better daily routine, starting my day out with an inspirational morning ritual, daily exercise, healthy eating.

On a weekly and monthly basis I want to make sure I am taking time out for myself, doing things that inspire me, making time to get together with friends and taking good care of myself physically including continuing to improve my wardrobe, get regular haircuts and facials, buy the right kinds of products for my hair and skin, etc. I guess the great battle this year and every year is to avoid getting in ruts. That seems to be the big derailing point that brings low energies, lack of efficiency, frustration and taking one to a place of "less-than-ness". It's so good to keep shaking things up.

Sure it's easy to get into a way of doing things that seems easy, inexpensive and effortless, but that often leads to stagnation, especially as we get older. If we want excitement, new energy, new people and change to come to our lives, we have to change. We need a new dress, a new inspiration, a new goal, new associations, new ways of doing things. So this year the goal is growth, improvement and fighting stagnation.

I hope you have each had a wonderful holiday season and found joy and gratitude in your relationships and life experiences. I send you my fondest wishes for this new year, that you will have new blessings and happiness come to you and yours. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Sarah {Lacquer and Linen} said...

I am definitely one of those who is excited to see 2012 go. We lost four people very close to us last year and it has certainly put things into perspective for me. I am with you on spending more time on things that really matter. I hope you and your family have a fantastic 2013!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...