10 January 2013

Relieve Your Symptoms With Reflexology


image via handsole

I've been sick for a couple of weeks now. No doubt it has something to do with the crazy schedule I've been keeping and all the big changes that have been happening around here. But I found myself stalled and not getting any better. Last week I had the good chance to visit our friends in San Diego. The husband is a medical doctor who also uses a lot of homeopathic methods.

Talking with him and his wife, I was reminded that there are so many things I could've been doing to help myself suffer less and get better faster from this sinus infection. One was Ti Tree Oil and another was a humidifier (did I ever tell you how I destroyed my expensive and wonderful humidifier last year...oops). He also gave me some other options rather than antibiotics to get me better. 

I like that a lot because I think we have really forgotten that our bodies are made to self-heal and usually will if we let them. See The Secret chapter on Health. It's very inspiring! Our job is to keep our immune system strong by doing the basics like eating well, getting plenty of sleep and living in positivity so that the body is capable of doing that work. Too often we run ourselves into the ground then run to the doctor for drugs to put us back together. Basic self care is the very best medicine of all.

Last night it hit me that I should try reflexology and I was amazed at how quickly I saw results. So I am passing that onto you with the caveat to use common sense. If your seriously ill take appropriate steps including seeking medical treatment. Consider trying reflexology along with other appropriate treatments the next time you have any physical discomfort and you may be amazed at how quickly you can find some relief. I massaged the locations assigned to the sinuses last night and was amazed at how fast my passages relaxed and opened up. Natural processes and old treatments sometimes can be very effective. The Man has had quite a bit of experience with reflexology and the day before he left he went and got a reflexology treatment. I think it has a lot more power than we may give it credit for.

Here is a great interactive map of the feet and hands. Try it and let me know how it goes. I'd love to hear about your experiences! Happy massaging!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I am completely fascinated by this stuff! Thanks for sharing the reflexology map -- I've always wanted to try it.

I think you'll appreciate this. I have a tendency to get sinus infections -- a lot. I've been seeing a naturopath for a few years about some hormonal issues, which are really hard to see immediate progress with. So recently I got a sinus infection and decided to give her a try before I went on antibiotics. I round of acupuncture and a "prescription" of herbs later and I was completely better in a day. Seriously. I was so amazed!

People are way too reliant on antibiotics and I think you're completely correct -- your body WILL heal itself if you let it.

kalanicut said...

I should try acupuncture. I bet that would help a lot. Thanks for the suggestion! I am a frequent visitor to sinus infection land too. One of the most annoying ailments I think. The body aches are misery. I think I need to make a better effort to pump up my immune system. I can do it, I've just been running too fast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...