08 February 2013

Updating The Jewelry Collection

images via Banana Republic

Hello lovely people. Hope you are well. The days seems to be going by enjoyably and quickly this week. I have run into a growing dilemma as I have been outfitting myself each morning lately. I have had an amazing earring collection for the past eight or nine years. I had so many pretty pairs that I quit buying earrings because I couldn't wear them all enough. Well the tide has turned and suddenly all those pretty earrings seem to be falling apart at the same time. Jewels have fallen out, earring backs have been bent around so many times they've lost their shape or are totally bendy now.

So I decided it was time to refresh my jewelry wardrobe, particularly my earrings. Buying jewelry is fun. You never have to try it on or ask for a bigger size. You can find hundreds of options just by visiting a few department stores. One of my favorite places to buy jewelry is Macys. As it turns out, Macy's is having a big jewelry sale right now and the discounts look pretty substantial. There is always a massive selection, something on sale and you can often find great deals there.

Another favorite jewelry stop is Banana Republic. Their well-edited collections have something for everyone and every occasion. Here are four pairs from Banana Republic that I thought would be great additions to my jewelry wardrobe:

Bamboo Hoops -- classics that would go with just about anything

Green Chandeliers -- a cheery pop of spring. I just imagine for some reason that these would look crazy good on a girl with blue or green eyes. But they would look fantastic on a brown-eyed brunette too.

Orange Hoops -- they're orange for starters, so they're a hit right off the bat. Great classics that would go so well with every neutral.

Holiday Lights Chandeliers -- these caught my eye at Christmas and I almost bought them. They're still on my mind and we know what that means. So beautiful. I love the mix of crazy sparkle with a dash of brooding dark gray to them.

When it comes to earrings I can be a little picky. I'm big on fish hook backs, hate studs and need a little dangle in my earrings. And I always have to have a bag of plastic earring backs in my drawer and they go on every pair that needs them, every day. Do you have a favorite pair of earrings right now? Do you only wear certain styles? I'd love to hear what's going on with you and earrings right now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...