29 March 2013

Placemats Can Make Great Stencils and Stamps

via Bed Bath & Beyond - image 1, image 2, image 3, image 4

The other day I was at Bed, Bath and Beyond picking up a few things and ran across a bunch of placemats that looked like they would make fantastic stamps or stencils for pillows, curtains, duvet covers, dish towels, tee shirts or other fun craft projects.

Just seeing them got my mind percolating with all sorts of fun projects you could do with these. There was a little part of me that wanted to buy them all and experiment but that's not how we're doing things around here. Haha. They did have some fun summer plumeria flowers in a bunch of colors in store along with some versions of the palm leaves.

In the store clearance section I saw several more fun placemats that would work and online there are quite a good holiday specific ones as well that are at serious clearance prices. I might pick up a few of the palm leaves and try to do some pillows and a curtain project I have been thinking about for a while.

Just had to pass this idea along to you so you can take advantage of the good deals and have some fun with these if you're interested. If you do a project with these, please share a link in the comments. I would LOVE to see what you come up with! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...