03 April 2013

Jumbleberry Pie

image via

This past weekend I saw Jumbleberry Pie at the grocery store. There isn't any dessert I enjoy more than hot berry pie with vanilla ice cream. So I picked one up along with a carton of high grade vanilla ice cream. It was heavenly.

Jumbleberry pie is a mix of a variety of berries so you get lots of different flavors and textures. I heat up a slice for about a minute in the microwave, then scoop some ice cream on top and let it sit for a couple of minutes. The pie cools, the ice cream melts a a little and it is pure heaven on a spoon.

I have never made Jumbleberry pie. Pie making was kind of my thing when I was a teenager, but now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've actually made a real pie since high school. That's a little sad. Maybe pie making needs to be my thing again. Maybe I need to start making Jumbleberry pies. It's a thought. Maybe it could be my go-to dessert. It would be a good combo with my steaks, or mac and cheese, or other go to dinner party foods.

Here is a link to the highest rated Jumbleberry pie recipe I could find. It's called Double Crust Jumble Berry Pie from finecooking.com. Maybe I'll try this sometime soon. If you decide to try it, let me know.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...