13 May 2013

Home Reorganization Project Week #12 - The End

images via

Great progress this past week in the Home Reorganization Project, even though I was on light duty only. It was technically the last week of the project and I have to move on to other things for a while. Of course the need to continue to reorganize and tidy up will never end, but the major Spring 2013 push needs to end.

We were able to get into a storage unit last week. That was a huge success. It was amazing how tidily everything fit in because it was well packed in bins, boxes and bags. It looks pristine and perfect, everything is well marked and easy to find and there is still room for more. Next trip we will take a few very small pieces of furniture, some art and a couple more boxes. But for the most part, everything is there now and my dining room actually has space to use the other half of the table now. Quite exciting.

Because of all the craziness of the past couple of weeks, the house looked a bit like a tornado had hit it by Friday. So the weekend was dedicated to whipping things back into shape. Lots more work than I wanted it to be, but that's life.

As I wrap up this big project, that has lasted exactly three months, I am so glad I did it. It evolved a lot through the process and that is something I am learning to be okay with. Progress rather than perfection is the name of the game. You can read about how it all got started here. The other big lesson I learned it to pace myself. You can read more about that here.

I am looking forward to enjoying a quieter, more peaceful home now that there will be less chaos and more open space and room for everyone. That was the goal of the project, so I'm pleased to say it was a success.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...