10 June 2013

Blueberry Waffles On A Sunday Night

image via

Last Friday I popped into the grocery store for some fresh food for the weekend. I realized our grocery store has some amazing Friday specials that I've been missing out on. So I bought a roast chicken and a big carton of both green grapes and blueberries.

We have a hard time finishing off a small carton of blueberries before they go bad, so I knew I needed to be diligent to use up a big carton of blueberries. With every meal over the weekend I've been putting out a bowl of grapes and blueberries. They go quite well with chicken and with tacos we found. Summer eating at its best. Simple meals, a bounty of flavors and colors.

Sunday night I decided we needed to use up a bunch of blueberries for dinner. I had a great blueberry syrup recipe last year but couldn't find it, so I did an internet search and boy am I glad I did. I found the most incredible blueberry sauce recipe. One of those meals where you swoon with every bite.

I found the recipe for Homemade Blueberry Sauce from Jamie over at My Baking Addiction. I also started following Jamie on Pinterest. I'm going to enjoy looking through her boards.

Anyway, back to that amazing blueberry sauce. I whipped it up and without any cornstarch in the house I didn't thicken it and just used it as a thin sauce over waffles. Then topped them with whipped cream and a handful of fresh blueberries. The Bug and I both were amazed at how good it all tasted.

The lemon juice and lemon zest were the key to this mouthwatering deliciousness. I'm definitely going to get this recipe in my files for keeps asap!  I had to pass the link along to this great recipe. If you try it, you will thank me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...