03 January 2014

Calypso St. Barth Fashion Inspiration for 2014


I decided this was the year that I am very methodical about how I buy clothes. I'm making a plan and looking at investing in the high end items that I really want for my wardrobe. Then I can work on filling in the blanks around that. I'd rather have fewer, more outstanding clothes, than a closet full of ragtag mediocre things that don't inspire or excite me.

So I made a list of items I want to invest in. This includes a few pairs of boots and shoes that I really love and that I know will carry me through a few seasons or longer. Next I want to invest in a few great jackets and sweaters. Then beautiful tops are in order. It's easy to load up on cheap, low quality tops and they wear out after a few washings. I would like to have a nice selection of tops that lasts a while and keep their shape and stay looking nice. I am pretty sure that when you compare the dollars spent on a few high-quality tops versus tons of low quality tops the investment probably balances out about the same.

I thought I would choose a few of my favorite stores and start looking for inspiration and pieces I'd like to invest in. Wednesday when I was headed to the movies with the family we walked past Calypso St. Barth and I thought fondly on how often I have seen things there I liked. So I decided to make that my first inspiration spot and took a good wander through the online store later in the day. I love all the bold colors, comfortable tops and pretty pairings and thought I would share them with you.

What jumps out at you here? Are there pieces you'd love to add to your closet? Doesn't it just make you want to take a cruise or rent a beach house on a tropical island?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...