25 April 2014

Week Recap & A Little About Receiving Love


It's hard to believe the sun is setting on another week already. Where does the time go?! I read this morning that from a child's birth to 18 years old there are only 940 Saturdays. That makes the time seem quick, doesn't it.

I feel like I have not had a moment to catch my breath this week. Up early getting the little one off to school, busy all day trying to wrangle our world back into order after a really big and busy week last week -- and then up very late working on some projects. However this week feels like it's been even busier than last week and still with a lot of time in the car. Tomorrow is going to be another marathon driving day, will be putting a few hundred miles on the car and that's just driving circles around SoCal. Boo. But it will all be great when I've accomplished everything I have to do tomorrow.

Laundry isn't done, house still isn't back in order, -- although I do have one fabulously clean & organized storage closet & four loads of laundry partially done -- but we've had fun. My parents are in town and while we had scheduled what days we would see them and made plans all that has pretty much gone out the window and we've seen then every day while they've been here. Yesterday they just appeared at our door and we spent the afternoon and evening with them and went to the beach.

This photo above is from our lovely time watching the sunset with them at our local beach. Never, ever gets old. Amazingly good for the soul. I love seeing my mom at the beach. She grew up on a tropical island then moved to the mountainous desert for 40+ years. I know it does her soul good to stand with her feet in the sand -- And I love making that happen for her.

We weren't planning to see them today and as of five minutes ago we're going to leave in about an hour and drive up to see them and spend the evening. Should be fun. I know there will be some super yummy dinner involved. (smile.) I wanted to leave you with this beautiful quote from Rumi, that was part of the Oprah/Deepak Chopra 21-day meditation program Finding Flow this week. Gives me peace just reading it.

“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself you have built against it.” —Rumi

I do believe that love is all around us if we will just open ourselves up to it. Nothing we want that has to do with love is very far away if we'll just let ourselves receive it and make the needed changes in ourselves to remove those barriers. God, people, animals and nature have so much love to give us every day if we'll just accept. Sending you warmest wishes for a great weekend! Thanks for coming by. I love connecting with you here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...