12 August 2014

Roundup: 18 Pairs of Gorgeous Ankle Boots

I have had ankle boots (booties) on the mind the past few weeks, thinking about fall wardrobe and how to incorporate a love of boots with living in a warm climate. I thought I would do a quick roundup of some favorites and after some initial searching did not have very high hopes I could find much that I really liked. That was before my visit to Zappos.com. Holy smokes. I did see a lot that I didn't like but I was thrilled to see how many pairs I did really like.

Here are 18 pairs that I loved. The price range on these boots goes from around $50 all the way up to $500+ but they all fit into a good range of price options.

Ash Falcon: (above). I always love a harness boot and these have a great heel too.


Type Z Edward: I love the rich color on this pair and the varigated sole. They look stylish, yet comfortable.


Rocket Dog Camilla: These have comfy written all over them. I like the styling, the great looking leather and the "I can stand or walk in these all day" heel. These are on the low end of the price scale too.


Frye Anna Shortie: When I hear the word Frye a sigh comes from the deepest point of my heart. Frye boots are just fantastic. I like the worn-in feel of these and the chocolatey leather is amazing.


Gia Circus by Sam Edelman: These remind me of something you would see in an action adventure movie on a girl working on a space ship or riding a space-age motorcycle through a science fiction war zone. Fun, simple and yet with a real space-agey twist.


See by Chloe: These are just gorgeous and I think the high, slim ankle is so flattering. These can be dressed up or down. I see "dressed up adventure girl" in these.


Stuart Weitzman Chloe: The mere mention of this brand tells you these are going to be on the higher end of the price range spectrum. But they are gorgeous and with that chunky sole they might be better for colder, slippery winter climates that others. Sleek and so stylish.


Madden Girl Sharpen: I am not such a huge fan of the big "elf toe" trend going on right now with shoes. The turned up nose bugs, but these are doable. It's the detailing, leather and heel that make me forget all about that with these beauties.


Pikolinos Verona: Again great leather. Love the detailing with the varying straps and metal accents.

Nine West Jarrad: I like the lower heel on these with the high, sleek ankle and zipper back entry. Simple and yet statement making.


Lucky Brand Tolachina: Suede has been a big part of the ankle boot look the past couple of years. These hit that point and with a lower heel again for days when you don't need to tower over everyone you meet. I love a good four-inch heel but when it bumps me up to 6'2" tall it just doesn't always work. These are a great height for a heel without the overpowering height issues.

Timberland Earthkeepers Savin Hill: I love, love, love these. They are for sure on my list for this year. I love the heel height for practicality's sake, love the leather, love the toe and the soul. Great all around, every day boot.


Frye Veronica Back Zip: Combat ready, these lovely Frye's are on the "don't mess with me" side. Great for a day at a flea market or a rainy Saturday afternoon at the movies.


Ugg Darling: Based on the brand I am going to guess these have sheepskin inside, which is not the greatest for warm climate living, but I like these a lot. Love the color, the heel, rubber sole and notched side.


Teva De La Vina Low: These look great for lots of walking with the rubber sole. Great looking walking shoes, especially for winter aren't always easy to find. I think these hit the mark. I can see walking a few miles in NYC in these. Detailing is fun, unique and not too crazy.


Pikolinos Le Mans: These boots have some fun little details all over them. I can see these with a pretty wool skirt and tights or a great pair of wool pants. The sole looks great for rough weather too.

Frye Veronica Combat: These feel like a grown up Doc Marten boot a bit don't they. I love the old school simplicity and again they're Frye. Great for jeans and a big cozy sweater.


Frye Smith Harness Short: These are a classic and I kind of wonder if they will ever go out of style. They've been around forever and they don't seem to be going anywhere. I have the tall Frye Harness boots and love them. The short would be a great addition too. Fun with straight leg jeans.

So that is the ankle boot roundup. I could've gone on and on but had to reign myself in. Maybe I'll do another boot round up in a few weeks, but hopefully you have some great ideas you might like to add to your wardrobe here no matter your style.

It's a great time to buy boots right now while there is a good selection of styles and sizes. Once the cooler weather hits they'll start disappearing off shelves quickly. I'm thinking a jacket and sweater roundup may be on their way soon.

*all  images via Zappos.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...