17 September 2014

Gorgeous Embroidered And Beaded Textiles

When my husband was out of the country last year he picked up some amazing textiles. While I was doing a total storage reorganization this week (aka heavy lifting pity party) I went through all the textiles he brought home. They were so beautiful I had to stop and take some photos.


I've decided my husband has a future as a buyer for Anthropologie if he ever wants to make a career change. I could see every one of these fabrics on a bed, chair or pillow in an Anthro catalog.

Thinking of ways to incorporate these textiles into our home turned my little head in a totally different direction from my lean and clean, minimalist, modern vibe of late. Suddenly I was seeing curtains in sunny windows, throws on multi-colored layered beds and all the international flair you could pack into one room.

So many rich hues, lots of gorgeous embroidery and intricate patterns. Some of the large pieces would make a gorgeous curtain or bed throw. Others would make a lovely table setting.

This looks like a vibrant coloring page done by a young child. It is a very intricate embroidery. Love the colors and the very thin silk fabric. It was a nice break from all the box moving to stop and really enjoy these for a while. How lucky am I that these are at our house?

Another gorgeous sleeve. The husband certainly has an eye for beautiful things. I am the lucky recipient of his great taste on a regular basis. He's the same guy who bought me a beautiful non-traditional engagement ring and the week after he gave it to me all the bridal magazines were touting the new trend for engagement rings using other colored precious gems instead of diamonds. He did well.

Speaking of Anthropologie here's their latest look book. There is a whole lot to love there. You'll find chandeliers, upholstered chairs, mirrors, sofas, oooh, just lots to love. Enjoy a wander. So that was my share for today. Hope you're having a great day.

2 comments:

Jane @ The Borrowed Abode said...

These are insane. In a totally gorgeous fabulous way.

parkhurstparty.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...